WatchGuard is switching Botnet Blocklist providers rarroyo Tue, 07/07/2020 - 08:02
Greetings valued WatchGuard Partners and Customers. For those that are not aware, or even those that just need a refresher, the firebox downloads a list of known malicious Command and Control IP addresses that it blocks. This is commonly referred to as the Botnet Blocklist and is Licensed as part of RED service in the Basic Security package. As part of our commitment to provide the best security to you, a new Botnet Block list is being deployed globally on July 13th. Should you or any of your customers encounter a false positive please add the offending IP address to the Blocked Sites Exceptions list and submit a technical support case. Thank you to everyone for reading and enjoy the rest of your day.
Juneteenth, WatchGuard Closes for a Day of Reflection and Learning ppanjwani Thu, 06/18/2020 - 12:54
We have declared Juneteenth – Friday, June 19, 2020 – as a day of reflection and learning. We are treating this day as a bank holiday; no meetings, no work. For those of you contacting our Sales and Support teams, a small group of employees have volunteered to be present, but please understand if wait times are longer than normal.
I recently wrote a post addressing my feelings about the death of George Floyd, the racial and social injustice in our world, and my next steps for contributing to permanent and lasting change. Thanks to all of you who read the post, and to all of you who engaged publicly via comments, as well as those who reached out to me personally.
Since writing that post, I’ve been immersed in learning and conversations, and a resounding theme is “How can I help now; What should I do differently now?” The answer to these questions is personal to each of our experiences, but what is universal is the need to deeply reflect on our feelings, and to learn, before we make lasting impact. With that in mind, we have declared Juneteenth as a day of reflection and learning; no meetings, no work. Our employees may use the day for learning and reflection on how we all can contribute to a culture of anti-racism and allyship at WatchGuard and in our communities.
It is appropriate to reflect on the work ahead of us on Juneteenth. On this day in 1865, almost two and half years after the Emancipation Proclamation, enslaved African Americans in Texas were informed of their freedom. I plan to use the day to chart my next steps. I have divided them into three areas:
- Continue Learning: I want to increase my comfort engaging with everyone in my ecosystem (employees, peers, friends, family) on the topic of race and social inequality.
- Become an Ally: Learn how to make an impact through allyship; I plan to start distilling those ideas down.
- Make an Institutional Impact: Work with the WatchGuard management team to identify what changes we can make – big or small – to create the right environment to encourage, celebrate, and promote diversity.
Through many conversations, and by reading books and articles, and attending webinars this week, I find myself becoming more comfortable engaging others on the topic of racism, and also being a better sounding board for others who are willing to talk about it. If possible, I hope you use June 19th to take the next steps in your learning and understanding on this topic, truly internalize what’s happening, and further develop your thoughts on how you want to engage.
Below is a list of resources about anti-racism and being an ally for your reference. I would like to end by sharing an article that had so much impact on me that I have read it daily to remind myself the need for deeper reflection, as captured by this closing quote in the article:
“Oh, and as we do it, be better than me. Remember, I had to change where I sat before I could change where I stood. If you first change where you stand, then the next generation will sit in a very different and better place.”
Resources about anti-racism and being an ally
- American Racism: We've Got So Very Far to Go – article that Prakash previously shared
- White Fragility: Why It's So Hard For White People To Talk Racism - book by Robin DiAngelo
- Just Mercy book by Bryan Stevenson – shares his experiences as a young attorney that inspired him to find the Equal Justice Initiative
- Born A Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood autobiography by Trevor Noah – shares his struggles as a biracial child
- Guide to Allyship – an online guide
- 7 Examples of What Being an Ally at Work Really Looks Like article by Better Allies
- George Floyd and the Dominos of Racial Injustice – Trevor Noah’s 20-minute monologue
- 13th – documentary on Netflix that analyzes criminalization of African Americans
- Just Mercy – film based on life of Bryan Stevenson, whose book in listed in the reading resources above
- The Hate U Give – powerful film about a teen who witnesses a fatal shooting of a friend
- The Value of Diverse Teams During Crisis – presented by featured speaker Lauren Sato, CEO of Ada Developers Academy, to WatchGuard and PayScale employees
Looking for more materials
Knowledge Base Digest - May 2020 stakeuchi Thu, 06/04/2020 - 16:09
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in May:
- WatchGuard Customer Support FAQs
- URLs used by Panda services
- How do I give feedback on WatchGuard Customer Support?
- APs with expired Wi-Fi Cloud Trial licenses are removed from Wi-Fi Cloud
- Browser traffic through a proxy does not fall back from IPv6 to IPv4
- Certificate warning appears when Geolocation denies access to a website
- AP feature key warning appears when you try to save a configuration to the Firebox
- SSO Agent does not support LDAPS on port 636
- Application Control action shows "WARRING: No Ct/App Name" instead of application names
Knowledge Base Digest - April 2020 stakeuchi Tue, 05/05/2020 - 13:58
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in April:
- TDR Account Migration to the APAC Cloud Region
- How to configure your Firebox with DNSWatch for Friendly WiFi
- Mobile VPN with SSL user does not get IP address
- DNSWatch Blackhole Servers
- Firebox Does Not Appear in TDR Web UI
- TDR classifies temp files from Windows BITS as Malicious
- Cannot configure Access Portal Web Application with Policy Manager
- FTP traffic fails through FTP-proxy when using zero-route BOVPN and FireCluster
- TDR classified Webroot AV as malicious
- Applications might time out or stall while the HTTP-proxy processes HEAD responses
- DHCP relay fails if configured on more than 255 interfaces
- FireCluster Management Interface status incorrect in Fireware Web UI
- WatchGuard Cloud walkthroughs do not start when content inspection is enabled
Knowledge Base Digest - March 2020 stakeuchi Mon, 04/06/2020 - 12:24
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in March:
- How can I help my users work remotely during the COVID-19 crisis?
- WatchGuard AP does not appear in Wi-Fi Cloud after activation
- WatchGuard Response to COVID-19
- Use AuthPoint MFA to protect remote worker connections and credentials
- How to connect to a wireless Firebox to use the Setup Wizard in Fireware v12.5.3 and higher
- Can Azure AD AuthPoint Users Use Office 365?
- Run Reports in Dimension That Show Authenticated Users
- TDR sometimes does not send configuration changes to the Host Sensor
- AP225W LAN1/2/3 LED indicator does not light when connected
- Cannot see new Access Portal users after adding them
- WatchGuard AP225W loses connection to Wi-Fi Cloud after VLAN extension configuration
- Firebox registration to WatchGuard Cloud fails
- Cannot log in to Access Portal if user name or password includes Unicode characters
- AuthPoint users do not receive push notifications when they authenticate
- Mobile VPN with SSL SSLVPN Client download page cannot be disabled
- AD Helper upgrade process does not upgrade helper.xml
- Minimum Association RSSI and Smart Steering do not work after AP reboot
New Video Tutorials
- Optimize Mobile VPN with SSL
- Set Up Mobile VPN with IKEv2
- Enable AuthPoint MFA for Mobile VPN with IKEv2
- Sync Users from Active Directory to AuthPoint
WatchGuard Product Update Blog