Knowledge Base Digest - August 2020 stakeuchi Tue, 09/08/2020 - 15:31
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in August:
- AP327X antenna installation
- Cannot upgrade an AP to 8.3.0-657 or higher with the Gateway Wireless Controller
- Configure and Use L2TP on Windows 7
- Configure and Use L2TP on Windows 8
- Configure Windows 7 Devices for Mobile VPN with IKEv2
- Firebox T80 Fan Operation and Diagnostics
- How to enable the default route option for an IKEv2 VPN profile in Windows 7
- Upgrade Fireware OS from Web UI (Fireware v11.9.x or lower)
- Why doesn’t my Firebox model run Fireware v12.6.2?
- AP with firmware 8.5.x and lower cycles between Online and Offline status in Fireware v12.5.4 and higher
- AuthPoint Gateway fails to install on hosts that run Oracle/Sun Java JDK 11.0.8
- Cannot create policy from Mobile VPN with IPSec tab if policy name includes periods
- Cannot save configuration if Active Directory settings include DN of Searching User
- DHCP process might not respond to requests
- Disk errors after upgrade of Firebox Cloud in Azure to Fireware v12.6.2
- Editing an alias from a policy deletes all IP addresses from the alias
- Editing an alias from Setup > Aliases deletes the alias
- Fully managed devices do not attempt to register with WatchGuard Cloud
- Gateway Wireless Controller displays incorrect number of connected users after AP firmware upgrade to v8.9.0-63
- Issues occur after you enter Unicode characters in Policy Manager or Web UI
- MSSP Fireboxes Renewed with Total Security (TSS) instead of BSS
- Spectrum analysis feature not available in Wi-Fi Cloud v8.9
- Users cannot activate tokens in the AuthPoint mobile app
- WSM 12.6.2 fails to save configuration if DVCP Tunnel name is more than 42 characters
- “No Style Sheet” error when you authenticate to ADFS with AuthPoint
Knowledge Base Digest - July 2020 stakeuchi Fri, 08/07/2020 - 12:12
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in July:
- How can I create and deploy custom IKEv2 and L2TP VPN profiles for Windows computers?
- Troubleshoot Issues with VoIP and Video Conferencing Quality
- spamBlocker Data Retention FAQ
- New Firebox features by Fireware version
- How can I see technical documentation in languages other than English?
- Troubleshoot two DNSWatch accounts using the same public IP address
- Windows log in fails when AuthPoint Logon App and McAfee Disk Encryption are installed
- Clients that do not meet TDR Host Sensor Enforcement requirements continue to try to reconnect to Mobile VPN with SSL
- Firebox might not be able to communicate with 12.5.4 SSO Agent after upgrading to Fireware v12.5.4
- dhcprelayd process crashes and causes DHCP relay to fail
- TDR Host Sensor Enforcement requirements are not checked for Firebox-DB users with login limits enabled
- After upgrade to Fireware v12.5.4, LDAP/AD user groups used by Mobile VPN no longer appear
Action needed (AuthPoint) - Upgrade RD Web agent to v188.8.131.52 or higher by 26 September 2020 msuniga Wed, 07/29/2020 - 12:50
As part of an effort to continuously improve the security of our services, we are making upgrades to the RD Web service. If you use AuthPoint agent for RD Web v184.108.40.206 or lower, you must upgrade the RD Web agent to v220.127.116.11 or higher by 26 September 2020.
If you already use v18.104.22.168 or higher of the AuthPoint agent for RD Web, no action is required.
To upgrade the agent for RD Web:
1. Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
2. Select Configure > AuthPoint.
3. Select Downloads.
4. In the RD Web section, click Download Installer.
5. Download the latest version of the agent for RD Web. You do not have to download the configuration file to upgrade the agent.
6. Run the downloaded installer (.msi file) on your server as a local administrator. You do not have to uninstall the agent for RD Web when you install an updated version.
Note: If the wizard shows a “Files in use” message that prompts you to close the IIS Worker Process, click Ignore and continue the installation process.
To see which version of the agent is installed:
1. From the Windows menu, select Control Panel.
2. Select Uninstall a Program.
3. From the list of programs, find WatchGuard AuthPoint RD Web. The Version column indicates which version of the agent is installed.
Your WatchGuard Team
WatchGuard is switching Botnet Blocklist providers rarroyo Tue, 07/07/2020 - 08:02
Greetings valued WatchGuard Partners and Customers. For those that are not aware, or even those that just need a refresher, the firebox downloads a list of known malicious Command and Control IP addresses that it blocks. This is commonly referred to as the Botnet Blocklist and is Licensed as part of RED service in the Basic Security package. As part of our commitment to provide the best security to you, a new Botnet Block list is being deployed globally on July 13th. Should you or any of your customers encounter a false positive please add the offending IP address to the Blocked Sites Exceptions list and submit a technical support case. Thank you to everyone for reading and enjoy the rest of your day.
Knowledge Base Digest - June 2020 stakeuchi Mon, 07/06/2020 - 12:03
Each month we publish numerous new articles and known issues to the WatchGuard Knowledge Base. Here is the new content published in June:
- What public domains does Dark Web Scan not scan?
- Regional SKUs for Firebox T40, T80
- Out of Shared Memory Error with Dimension Reports
- How do I get help with Panda products?
- DHCP server does not take vendor class identifier into account for DHCP option 43
- Deactivated Active Directory users bypass MFA for the AuthPoint agent for Windows
- Cannot deploy FireboxV OVF -- the certificate is expired
- MUVPN established connection from behind NAT appliances; Source port changes crash IKE process on HUB during negotiation
- Firebox Cloud fails to deploy in Azure when the deployment uses an existing Vnet that is also used by a VM scale set
- Error message about AP license synchronization appears in Policy Manager after a managed Firebox upgrade from Fireware v12.5 or lower
- Incorrect links to Security Portal from Deny [Proxy] log entries
- IPS rule 1136944 incorrectly denies RDP traffic over VPN
- Active Directory users can bypass MFA when the UPN is changed
- Access Portal RDP connection window is small
- Firebox cannot register with WatchGuard Cloud and Web UI does not load
- Mobile VPN IKEv2 users cannot connect because iked maintains stale user sessions
WatchGuard Product Update Blog